Recharge

July 9, 2007


I have a tendency to take on a lot of things, thinking I'll be able to handle it, most of the time overestimating my abilities and underestimating how much time each 'thing' will take up. This term, I decided I would be able to handle taking a full course load (5 courses), a part-time job, volunteering and of course, going home every weekend (which usually means my school week is shortened down to 4 days).

In true Bernice style, I started off the term strong, keeping up with lectures (because I took 3 distance ed. classes) and readings (seeing as how all my classes are psych, there was a lot of this). Then, a few weeks in, I began to let things slide here and there. Towards the middle of the term, I started doing things only when they were due. Now, with only a few more weeks to go until finals, I'm getting a little edgy.

I feel like a battery that's been kept running all term and now, it's starting to run low and every single task is squeezing any little bit of energy left in me. Today, I decided that I needed a break. So, I went over to Jasmine's place and we just lounged. Really, despite my automatic need to clean, I held myself back (okay, I put a few CDs away but that doesn't count). Eventually, we decided to head out to Bead Bazaar, only to realize half an hour later that designing a bracelet takes too much brain power. We ended up at Starbucks just moments later. What better way to recharge than with a Venti Caramel Frappuccino! - ahhh :)

1 comment:

Jasy said...

yummay!

too bad my drink was a total disappointment.... annnnnnd you can definitely see my really gross tan line in that photo hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails