Camping 2010

August 7, 2010

Going camping over the long-weekend allowed me to cross off goal number 19: roast marshmallows with Nathan.

As we were getting ready for the weekend, there were moments of doubt. These days, it's hard enough for me to get comfortable in my own bed, how was I supposed to sleep on the ground?

But I convinced myself I would survive and that it was for Nathan.

For as long as I can remember, my parents have taken us camping every single summer.

And as for Nathan, I pretty much figured out I was pregnant while I was camping with my family and we've taken him camping ever since he was old enough to walk. He loves it - being outside, playing in the sand all day and being with a large group of people who give him nothing but attention!

So I figured since this would be his last time camping with my family and their friends for a little while, and since this was our 20th (!!) year together camping as a group, it'd be nice if we could go.

We discovered that Nathan's an awesome frisbee-player


Ran into Cookie Monster


Made some campfires


Roasted some yummy marshmallows




Relaxed on the beach


And by the end of the weekend, we were pooped. But we had a whole lot of fun!


Then we celebrated Andrew and my 2nd wedding anniversary with our families with all-you-can-eat sushi. Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails