Washing Dishes

February 17, 2011

Is it still considered a chore if it's fun?

Last week, I asked Nathan to wash the dishes with me. Like making sushi, it was something I needed to do that was simple enough for Nathan to be involved. I gave him the job of rinsing the dishes and putting them onto the racks to dry.

It was an easy job and apparently he loved it because the next day, and the day after that, he was asking me when we would be doing the dishes.


Now this week, I asked if he wanted to do the dishes with me again. He quickly agreed, but then he said we had to trade jobs. Last time, he rinsed so this time, it was his turn to wash!


I asked him to wait for me to finish feeding Caleb before starting the dishes but he got impatient and ended up washing and rinsing the dishes himself. He did half the huge pile of dishes before he hopped off his stool and said he wanted a break. I ended up doing the rest.


I'm going to miss him so much when he goes off to school in a couple weeks!


P.S. Thank you, Andrew, for opting to buy the taller stool instead. Now, not only do I no longer have to get Nathan's clothes for him, I also don't have to put his clothes away or wash the dishes... on the good days.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails