The Parklands, South Bank

March 22, 2011

After Andrew emerged from his dungeon on Friday, we were faced with a little dilemma. What were we going to do with our free time? Andrew could finally take a break from his studying and we had no plans for the next day, other than a quick appointment at Mazda in the morning.

It's been a while since we've had free time.

A long while.

We couldn't just let this opportunity pass us by. Some quick decisions were made an soon, we found ourselves at Stanley Street Plaza in South Bank, aka my new favourite place to hang out.

We probably would have discovered this hot spot sooner but after the floods destroyed the "main" attraction (Streets Beach), I figured we could just go check it out when everything was all fixed up.


But when Andrew asked what I wanted to do, I just wanted to go out and do something. I didn't want to just go out and eat, which is what our "going out" has turned into. So I did a quick search and found that the South Bank Lifestyle Markets were open on Friday nights.

I love wandering around open-air markets. But that night, I wasn't too interested in going to the markets. I just wanted to go out and be in the night air. The markets just meant that places would be open.


When we emerged from the underground parking, I felt so. free.

We were free to do what ever we wanted.

We could go in any direction and it would be the right one.


The temperature was perfect. The streets were filled with people but not crowded. Nathan loved being free to roam the walkways a couple steps ahead of us. Caleb enjoyed being in the carrier.


It was a beautiful night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails