Preparing for 5

March 24, 2011

I finally have the time/motivation/pictures to make a scrapbook and I don't have any of my supplies. All those supplies bought for a project like this and they're sitting in boxes at my parents' place, thousands of miles away. Someone invent a teleportation machine already.

Anyway, enough of the sulking. I have work that needs to be done.

To celebrate Nathan's birthday at school, we were invited to find a way to share with the class about Nathan's life and also bring in one of Nathan's favourite books to give to the class.

I got the idea of making a scrapbook in my head as soon as I heard about this, way back when Nathan first started at this school. I took my time over the past month, thinking of all sorts of scrapbooking ideas. Finally, I got the chance to choose pictures to print out and now, in the very last hours I am putting the book together.

Being completely pressed for time has a way of eliminating any opportunity to sulk about not having the right supplies, or to worry about how things look.

After a long night of hard work, we (yes, Andrew helped out too!) completed Nathan's book in time for him to bring it to school.

Here's Nathan enjoying it a bit before school. I love before school time, especially when we're not rushing and we have some time to hang out.


* * * * * * *

Anyone care to guess which book Nathan chose to share with his class?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails