Drawing The Line

December 18, 2007

I went out for coffee and cake one last time with Liza tonight at Second Cup. Ever since they redecorated, I've been more inclined to stay and enjoy my coffee there instead of bringing it home. It's also my location of choice when meeting up with people now. So anyway, Liza and I went to order our cakes and coffees and behind me in line was a middle-aged gentleman wearing a jacket with "SECURITY" written across the back. Normally, I wouldn't have noticed who was behind me except that when I received my piece of cake, he commented "That cake's taller than she is!" to the barista. I gave a half-laugh, picked up my cake and walked to our table.

I realized that I still didn't have my coffee so I went to check if it was waiting for me. Turns out the barista forgot to make it so I went back to my seat to wait. A little while later, I hear a voice over my shoulder saying "your coffee's ready". I turn to see the SECURITY man, who apparently walked from the front of the store, all the way to the back where I was sitting. I couldn't decide whether it was creepy that he was watching the coffee and knew it was mine, or if he was just a really nice guy. I think I'm going to go with the really nice guy option.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails