Start of a New Year

January 5, 2008

Since arriving back home, our days have revolved around our little boy's sleeping patterns which slightly resembles living in HK time. It's five days into the new year and I still haven't done a new year's post but I suppose that's forgivable (right?). I'll just do a quick catch-up post to cover what we've been doing since the clock struck 12 on January 1st. We missed New Year's twice this year - first time on the plane (according to HK time) and the second time in Vancouver. Most of the time was spent taking care of a very tired and angry 21 m.o. or sleeping. We spent New Year's Day at the airport, waiting for our new flight because the one we had booked mysteriously vanished. Other than that, I've been...

Reading: The Namesake


Andrew picked this up for me at Vancouver Airport after I realized that Nathan tends to sleep for most of the plane ride (lucky us!) and I had just finished reading the Penelopiad. It has been quite enjoyable so far. I find I really enjoy reading about other cultures.

Shopping: Whenever possible

To make up for the lack of shopping I had done in Hong Kong, we went to Vaughan Mills and did a little make-up shopping. We also headed over to fix up our Wedding Registry a little and because I was in a rush and slightly indecisive, I scanned three KitchenAid Stand-Up Mixers so I could decide on the colour later. But now, I have to wait a week or two for them to actually fix it because apparently the lady who was helping me was incapable of updating the correct registry for me.

Wedding Stuff Planning: Just odds and ends

We were able to score a few good deals (and one not-so-good deal) on some wedding stuff while in HK which helped me feel a little more productive. Yesterday, we met with our photographers (but forgot to pay our deposit) and updated our registry. Now I have a few more important things to worry about. I plan on designing the invitation before the end of January and I have a dress shopping trip planned with my side of the bridal party. Whee!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails