Christmas Shopping

December 16, 2008

In the past 24 hours I have done an insane amount of Christmas shopping... and none of it was on my Christmas shopping list. (Granted, I didn't actually have a Christmas shopping list until about 10 minutes ago - I know I'm behind). My church is doing a free Christmas turkey dinner and we are planning to have gifts for everyone who comes. I volunteered to be part of the gift committee. I figured it'd be really fun getting involved with this project by getting for people and wrapping it all up in pretty packaging. I didn't foresee shopping at Walmart until 3am or going to Mitchell's to buy almost 200 books. But that's what we did and let me just say, it was one of the most satisfying things I've done in a long time. I got to spend time with people I barely know and do something good.

In other news, I found these cute key chains at Walmart that I'm going to use as ornaments for our tree. Updated tree pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

Marshall Family said...

oh I like the sound of your decorations! Where' the update photos though? :( Hope you had a lovely xmas and a happy new year! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails