In Like A Pain-In-The-Neck

March 6, 2009

The other day, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about whether the March weather was going to come 'in like a lion, out like a lamb'.

This isn't really weather related but let me just tell you, my March has started mostly on the lion-chewing-your-head-off side of things.

I just had an interview with an agency which went really well (thank God) but, before I can start I have to get a medical check and orientation/screening done. It's not really that big of a deal except that my family doctor no longer practices as a GP and didn't inform me of this earlier so now I have to quickly find a new guy (and transfer all my files) and I'm scared to death about the training session! It sounds intense and I have to write a test at the end to determine whether or not I can work for them!

Since I'm going to be working full-time pretty soon, I was entertaining the idea of taking one last trip before I become a slave to my work. Plus, Nathan's March Break is coming up so it'd be the perfect time... except that my passport just expired and there are no places hot enough within driving distance. I'd totally apply for a new passport except that I'd like to use my 'new' name, but I can't since I have no ID with my new name because...

Who knew it was such a pain in the neck to 'assume' a name? I finally decided to bite on Monday and get it all done but when I got there, the lady said I had to get a marriage certificate (which is NOT what they give you when you get married). I'd have to apply and wait for it to come before I change anything, which means I won't get my passport in time and I won't be able to go on vacation.

Oh, and it's tax season.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails