On Holiday Designs

November 19, 2009

In the retail world, it is officially countdown-to-Christmas time. Just the other day, I was in a grocery store of all places and employees were scurrying around, putting decorations up around the produce. (Because the lettuce and potatoes? Very festive items. Get 'em while they're fresh!)

While I'm not all into the whole spending tonnes of money on Christmas presents that people don't want, I do enjoy seeing all the different decorations hung up. All the creativity and design.

Around this time of the year is when my inner creative self gets all excited. Every time I see a neat design, my eyes are glued. Every time I see a refreshing colour combo, my mind is mentally making notes. I get so hyped up about packaging and paper. And I am absolutely, completely obsessed with paper. I haven't really mentioned it before here but I have a whole other blog dedicated to writing about paper and what I like to do with it! (Check it out if you're into that kind of stuff!)

Last year, I started making my own Christmas cards to give out to my friends. After that first time, I was hooked.

Now I try my hardest to hand-make a card for each gift I give, because the gift may not be exactly what they want, but at least I know I put some love into that card just for them.

It's the thought (and effort) that counts, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails