Shanghai Noodles

April 26, 2010

Last night I made Shanghai Noodles. My mom had given me a package of Shanghai noodles that needed to be used, she also gave me a wok, and I hadn't eaten Shanghai noodles in so long I was craving it.

Unfortunately, Shanghai noodles takes a lot of effort to make. A lot for me at least. And in case you couldn't tell by the lack of posts here since our return from Orlando, I've become very, very lazy. Mostly very tired, but also super lazy. It's so embarrassing.

Anyway, so I finally had all the ingredients and really no excuse to procrastinate anymore so I got to work.

And halfway through, I gave up. But Andrew's scowl got me back into the kitchen and a long while later, I emerged with this*.


I used my mom's recipe, which is basically a note I quickly wrote up with the list of ingredients and order in which to add it. It doesn't even say how much of each ingredient to put in, just an approximation.

But it smelled about right. It looked about right. It had to be right.



*Please excuse the finger prints all over the table. Lazy people tend not to clean.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

that was yummy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails