101 Update - Massages, Boy Stuff and Food

October 6, 2010

2. Get a massage (#1-2)
I've always bothered Andrew for massages. It's not his favourite thing. So when my naturopath suggested I get massages to help my body relax so I can sleep (I was having sleep issues), I jumped at the opportunity. I mean, this is a medically relevant issue! My health was at stake and massages were the answer. This week, I went for my second 1-hour massage. The doc never specified the length of the massage, but I figure 30 minutes just isn't enough time to relax and actually benefit from the massage, right? Right.

11. Let Andrew choose 10 movies to watch (#1-3)
So far, we've watched the Bourne Trilogy. We haven't had a whole lot of time to sit down and watch movies but we managed to sneak those three in, either while Nathan was sleeping or while he was sleeping over at my parents' place. I had already watched the first one way back when it was in theatres. The second one was alright, but the third one, I was a little disappointed. I didn't find it as exciting as I had hoped for it to be. Maybe they were hoping to squeeze a fourth?

27. Be more supportive of Andrew when he wants to play basketball
Andrew wanted to play basketball last weekend. I said yes. He didn't have a car to go. Too bad.

73. Go out for breakfast before church (#2)
This past Sunday, while Nathan was sleeping over at my parents' place, we headed out for an early breakfast at a local bistro called Creme de la Creme. (See below.)

91. Try out 10 new restaurants (#3, 4)
Sushi Maru

While we were in Seattle, our good friend introduced us to one of his favourite sushi places. You see, our little guy decided straight off the plane that he wanted sushi for lunch. So sushi we had to have. Plus, we were starving so we settled for whatever he wanted.

I guess it's a little unfair for me to put Sushi Maru as a new restaurant, seeing as how it's in a city I've never been to so basically any restaurant I patron there would be new, but I have reasons. First, this was our first conveyor belt sushi experience. Nathan especially enjoyed that he could choose whatever he wanted and pick it off the conveyor belt himself. Second, it was a really cheap option and filled our bellies nicely. Third, we like it so much, and it was so close to our hotel, we managed to visit 3 times over the course of a single weekend.


Creme de la Creme
A little family-run cafe nestled in among the other independent establishments, it was really busy when we got there around 9:30am. Always a good sign, according to my parents. We stepped inside and were greeted by warm air and early-morning chatter. The service was okay considering they only had 3 servers and not a lot of space to move around, and breakfast was yummy. But then again, I had a waffle with ice cream, and how bad can it be when you have ice cream for breakfast?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Kudos to you on taking time to MAKE then work on COMPLETING this awesome list :) Pretty inspiring!

pink said...

Hahahahahha I love how #27 was completed!!

andrew said...

very funny alison

choifish said...

LOL poor andrew!

Related Posts with Thumbnails