Cheesecake Heaven

October 13, 2010

Late last week, I was going through my Google Reader, sifting through the hundreds of posts I had apparently subscribed to. Occasionally, when I skim through, I find a little treasure.

This time, it was a recipe. It was for a brownie-based cheesecake.


I saw the picture, read the recipe and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I mean, look at it! All I wanted was cheesecake. Andrew asked me what I wanted for dinner that night and all I could reply was "cheesecake". I thought about this recipe over and over until I finally decided I had to make it.

So last Saturday, when I broke out my KitchenAid mixer for the first time (yes, it's been a loooong time coming), that heavenly cheesecake was one of the four desserts I made with my sister (and Nathan).


Every time I try a new recipe, I make sure to wait until I've actually tested it out before I write it out on a recipe card for future reference, or share it with my friends. As soon as I sank my teeth into this delicious cake, I knew it had to be shared, even though it didn't look even remotely as nice as the one in the original recipe.

Luckily, we had some very obliging friends who were willing to partake in this heavenly dessert.

If you love brownies, and enjoy a nice, light cheesecake, this recipe is for you. I dare you to make it and not eat the entire thing by yourself.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Haha, awesome apron! Mmm... now you have me thinking about cheesecake :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails