Looking Back On 2010

December 31, 2010

At the beginning of 2010, I was filled with so much hope and positive energy. I knew this was going to be an amazing year and boy was I right. Our family has so much to be thankful for. We've reached so many different milestones and made so many wonderful memories. Here's a quick recap of our top moments of this past year.


Nathan learned how to ski!
This was important for both Andrew and I. Andrew's family likes to ski a lot and it was nice that Nathan could learn how to ski so he could participate along with them. It was important to me because unlike Andrew, I am horrible at skiing (and most other physical activities) and I know how much it sucks to be the one who's left out so I was glad that Nathan could pick it up so quickly. Nathan absolutely loves it and it's good exercise!

I finished school… again!
After graduating from UW, I still didn't know exactly what I was going to do with my life so I decided to take more school. Autism and Behavioural Sciences at Seneca to be exact. It was a lot different from UW courses and it was a challenge to balance school and home life to say the least. But after about a year an a half, I finally completed the program and received my certificate.

I got a real job!
The program I did required me to do field placements. Lucky for me, my final field placement lead me straight to my first real job. I was blessed enough to be hired on right away, and be put on a team with the most friendly and easy-going therapists at the centre. I really enjoyed my time there and I'll miss my work friends so much.

Nathan's week-long birthday celebration!
We knew we'd be trying for our second child and Nathan's fourth birthday would likely be his last as an only child so we decided to make a big deal out of it. Taking Nathan to Disney and Cocoa Beach (which turned out to be his favourite part) for a week was fantastic because right when we got back, we found out we were pregnant!

Andrew got into medical school!
This opportunity is something we've been waiting a long time for. When we received Andrew's acceptance letter, we knew it would be a big change for our entire family and that it would be a long and hard road ahead of us, but it was something we wanted to pursue.

We decided to move to Australia!
This pretty much goes hand-in-hand with Andrew getting into med school. It's going to be a big move and we've been preparing for it since June. We're finally counting down the days until the move and it's going to be a

Caleb was born!
On December 8, a healthy and happy Caleb Tsoi joined our family and Nathan's big wish was granted. He had been asking for a brother or a sister for a very long time now and after finding out he was going to get one, he waited very patiently for baby to come out of mommy's tummy. And now that Caleb's finally here, Nathan's being an awesome big brother to Caleb.

Moving out!
Our condo was the first place we've had to call our own and moving out of it is just as big of a deal as moving into it was. I had started my maternity leave a little early so I could get some packing done before Caleb's arrival. But my pregnant body was moving much slower than my brain wanted it to and by the time Andrew was finished work, we were so focused on Caleb's arrival. When moving day finally arrived, it took my dad and sister, Andrew's dad and us (when we didn't have to tend to our children) to pack up and move all our stuff out. I will definitely miss our first home, but not until my body stops aching from the 5-month-long packing marathon we just completed.


2010 was a huge year for us, for sure. But we're looking forward to what 2011 has in store for us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails