Goh Goh

February 2, 2011


Anyone else remember these?

I had a similar set of Chinese flashcards when I was a kid. While I can't say they helped me too much in my language development, I can say I was pretty excited for Nathan when he received three decks a while ago.

I had envisioned using them to teach Nathan some basic Cantonese. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't initiated any Chinese-drilling sessions. However, Nathan does occasionally pull out some cards, asks me how to pronounce it, then repeats the word or phrase a few times as if he's storing it away in his brain. When we first moved to this unit, Nathan pulled out the cards again and after locating the 'elder brother' card, sat himself down at the dinner table and copied it all by himself.


His desire to learn astounds me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails