Today. January 13.

January 13, 2011

Today was the first day I've been outside since we've arrived and it wasn't raining or cloudy. Thank God for fresh air and sun shine. I was starting to go crazy.

Today, we were informed that the place we fell in love with and was told we'd be able to rent, was this close to buying appliances and other things for, was no longer available. The owners decided that just in case their other home was flooded, they would keep this property for them to move in to. Of course, they were making all these decisions from their other home in Belgium. All the way from Belgium, they were ruining our plans. When we were first told the news, my first thought was "are you kidding me?!" followed closely by "what kind of a sick joke is this?!" and some choice words may have floated around my head. But at the end of the day, there's nothing more we can do about it so we've moved on and started looking for another place to stay.

Today, we finally got our power back for more than a couple hours. Over the past few days, we've been out of power for a large chunk of the day. Our electricity has been spotty and we've been trying to conserve laptop battery for when the power comes back on so house-hunting and e-communication has been slow.

Today, the flood waters have been receding significantly. We've been watching the open field from our living room window. In the morning, it was quite flooded and it was expected to peak around 4pm this afternoon but right now, it's almost all gone!

They say that tomorrow, businesses will be back up and running so we're hoping that tomorrow, we'll be able to start looking for a place to live again. Then, maybe we won't feel so displaced and desperate. Then, maybe we can start building up our new lives in our new home.


Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear, that must be so tough :( Will be praying for you guys and your hunt!

Alana said...

Oh man, that is very frustrating news. Crossing my fingers that you find something perfect very soon! Where are you guys living in the meantime?

Bernice said...

We're staying at a serviced apartment. We would have been moving out today, but it looks like we're staying put for another little while. None of the agents want to do inspections until later. I'm going crazy sitting here doing nothing!

Kat said...

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure something will come up soon! Good to hear from you guys, glad you are guys are safe :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails