Bartering, Among Other Things

March 17, 2011

Yesterday, while Caleb was crying inconsolably, Nathan wandered over to the couch and offered to hold him for a little bit.

I thought to myself, "Wow, that's such a kind and thoughtful offer. How mature of him. Should I take him up on the offer? Maybe he can hold Caleb sitting on the couch. It's safe enough if they're sitting on the couch. Okay, I'll do it." (All in a matter of seconds because that's how long moms are allowed to think for.)

Then, while I was propping Caleb up in Nathan's lap, he said, "Now you can go get me my ice cream!" What a sneaky fellow.


In case you were wondering, he got his ice cream because anyone who relieves a mom from a crying baby, even if it's only for a couple seconds (or an ice cream), should be rewarded.

* * * * * * *

Nathan asked me to put a bandage on his finger today. He had to inspect each of his fingers to remember which one had the boo-boo.

I asked him if I could take a picture. He agreed.

And immediately after, sighed and said "Can you put it on already?!"

Am I the only one who enjoys this whole picture-taking/blogging process?

* * * * * * *

Those little green stars right there? That's the extent of my St. Patrick's Day celebrations. Oh, and I might watch that VeggieTales movie that talks about Maewyn Succat. It's surprisingly informative!


The end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails