Disturbing Issues

March 20, 2011

This past Friday, Andrew asked Nathan and I if we had anything to say to him.

He specifically asked me twice.

I'm not sure why.

Oh wait, I might have an idea why.

We both said "no" so Andrew gave us this notice:


He said we weren't allowed to bother him for the next 65 minutes and promptly closed the door to his dungeon.

* * * * * * *

Andrew may have asked me twice because I have a small problem with having a whole lot of things to say to him when he needs to be left alone.

Like when he was studying for his MCATs, Andrew had to do a bunch of timed practice exams. He asked me to not bother him for whatever amount of time he needed so he could focus on the test. As soon as he clicked the "start" button, all sorts of things filled my head. Things that I had to discuss with Andrew. Immediately.

I did this almost every. single. time.

Like I said, it was a small problem.

After interrupting his concentration and being met with anxious and exasperated comments of how he had asked me not to bother him, and if I was kidding him, I learned to write things down to be discussed later.

I also learned that some things are a lot funnier in the moment, and not so funny when I have to read it off a piece of paper, explaining why it was funny, an hour later. Oh well.

* * * * * * *

When Andrew finally opened his dungeon door again, Nathan hurriedly packed up all his toys and ran to Andrew, asking "Did you win?"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails