Fabric Shopping

March 30, 2011

I took full advantage of Andrew's break last week and asked him to watch Caleb one morning so I could go fabric shopping after I dropped Nathan off at school.

It's so much easier to shop without Caleb hanging off the front of me, and without having to worry about getting home quickly so he can have a proper nap before it's time to pick Nathan up.

Anyway, after a few circles, here's what I picked up. I have some ideas of what I want to make but I'm still in the brainstorming/planning phase. Stay tuned to see what these get made in to!



* * * * * * *

While the lady was cutting my fabric, I took the opportunity to ask about interfacing. She asked what I had intended to make, and suggested I go have a look to see how thick I wanted it to be. Then, as I paid, she told me how to adhere it to my fabric. It sounded simple enough.

Lessons learned:

  • Choose interfacing based on how stiff you want your material to be
  • Fusible (aka iron-on) interfacing is the one with the shiny stuff on one side

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails