She Sews

April 4, 2011

A couple weeks ago, Andrew bought me a sewing machine.

I had been talking about getting one for quite some time now and one day, Andrew had enough of my talking and went out and bought one for me. He's a get-it-done kind of guy. Most of the time ;)

He chose a pink one for me. It matches our pink iron.

Brother LS-2160
After a lot of huffing and puffing, I finally worked up enough courage to cut some fabric for a project. Then, I sewed, pressed, sewed, and pressed one more time and voila! My first piece was complete.

It was far from perfect.


In fact, it was quite atrocious on the inside.


See? "It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah - still good." (Name that movie!)

But the next night, I went right back to it. I chose a different project. This time I made a passport sleeve. (Another super simple project with a really cute tutorial!)

I even put a little ninja on the front for fun. It's a little snug but my stitches were a lot straighter.


I forfeited a lot of sleep for this one, but it felt really good to make something useable and cute.


The night after that, I got a little ambitious. I cut enough fabric for 5 passport sleeves. Five!


My first one was a little big. I was super excited about the colour combination of the fabric and didn't want it to be too small so I cut it a little larger. It was a bit too much. It took me a long time to decide to rip the seams open and try again. But I did it and it was much better.


The rest have to wait for another day. I have tons of designing and sketching to do.

1 comment:

choifish said...

Go Andrew! And love the ninja passport case-- cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails