Play Dates

April 5, 2011

Nathan has this week and next week off school. I'll have both the boys home all day, every day and then Nathan will start full day! I'm actually a little anxious for him. Not sure if he'll be able to last the entire day.

I know he did full day back in Canada, but there's something about it here that seems to drain Nathan and turn him into a cranky little boy by dinner time.

Maybe it's the fact that he runs around and plays for almost an hour in the playground after school when I pick him up before lunch. Or maybe because the hot weather makes him hot and sticky. I know I get tired when it's too hot. Or maybe his brain is just working too hard. Whatever it is, there's going to be a lot of schedule-tweeking over the next couple weeks and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of adjustment for everyone in the house.

* * * * * * *

We have two play dates scheduled for this week and next week.

We never really did play dates in Canada until this past summer. Nathan befriended this little boy at summer camp and they both loved cars. And all they did on their play date was play with cars and watch movies about cars. His mom was super nice and invited Nathan over a couple more times before things got too hectic for us and we moved.

That was also when Nathan learned our phone number.

Anyway, we weren't really "into" play dates back in Canada. But now that I'm home all the time, I can't really use "being too busy" as an excuse to not get together with other moms and their kids.

When Nathan plays after school, I stand around and chat with a couple other moms who also let their boys run around before lunch. Last week, they invited us to join them for lunch at McDonald's during the break, and the boys could play in PlayLand. I accepted their invitation.

We're meeting up tomorrow and with Caleb (and his once-again-unpredictable schedule) in tow, we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

choifish said...

Playdates! Aw Nathan and friends! haha god those Aussie kids are lucky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails