and now presenting...
"On the contrary, I possibly, more or less, not definitely rejecting the idea that, I undeniably do or do not know where he should and probably be, if that indeed wasn't where he isn't" -- Pinocchio, on the whereabouts of Shrek (Shrek the Third, 2007)

As hilarious as that scene was, it was also confusing. Luckily for me, I live in a society where occasionally, people like to spell things out for everyone. Originally I was going to attempt to make this into a vlog because the ideas were just too funny in my head. But I soon realized that I do not have the talent, nor the equipment (and not to mention the face) to produce a vlog. Therefore, you'll just have to picture this in your head for yourself. Anyway, I came up with this after sitting in class one day, watching class presentations. Ever notice that people spend a lot of time putting the powerpoint together, making it look all nice and stuff and then the first thing you see is "Introduction". Okay, introduction, got it! That's usually a good way to start, get people's attention and stuff. But then, just to make sure you're on the right track, they back it up with a "... and now, we're going to introduce ourselves." And they proceed to continue through the presentation, introducing all the details as if you couldn't follow it. I'm not sure where people got the idea to do this. It's not like it's a very prominent concept in the media or anything. You don't see the characters in LOTR standing in a line, saying, "Hi, I'm Legolas, I will be the archer-elf." or maybe right before a scary scene, there isn't a voice-over that comes on to say ".. and now, we're going to scare you... BLAH! *SCARY SCENE*". Anyway, all I really wanted to say was that I feel it takes away from the presentation when people say "and now we're going to..." a lot and also, that Waterloo so far this summer term has been pretty amusing and exciting. That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and now i'm going to comment. hello.

Jasy said...

haha that is annoying!

it's also annoying when people narrate/announce their actions on a regular basis.

Related Posts with Thumbnails