Brandu

August 21, 2007


I bought myself a fondue set a little while back, for no good reason except for the fact that I thought it might be nice to have one, you know, just in case. So it's been sitting in my closet for the past few months collecting dust and all but I dug it out while cleaning my room.

I thought it was about time we put the little sucker to use, so I suggested we have a little fondue party. However, since my sister can't eat chocolate, and we didn't feel like going through the hassle of making the spinach artichoke cheese dip, we opted for the less-popular caramel option (its sooo smooth and yummy). Conveniently, I had a bag of caramel cubes sitting around which I also bought on a whim, not really remembering my goal to not eat candy for at least 3 months.

We chopped up the fruit, melted the caramel in evaporated milk and popped Love Actually into the DVD player and had a nice relaxing night.

The recipe for the caramel fondue called for a bit of brandy. We decided not to add it in because Chris had to drive home later - but then we got into the whole topic of how much brandy would actually be in it and whether or not it would actually affect Chris' driving. Andrew suggested that it would take a whole lot, and eventually dubbed this imaginary alcoholic fondue, brandue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah brandue party :)

S2jay said...

HAHAH.. brandue next time alright? when no one has to drive (:

Related Posts with Thumbnails