Coffee Break

October 15, 2007

There are many perks to volunteering at KidsAbility. Last year when we (Kat and I) were over at the Cambridge campus, it afforded us many trips to the outlets on the way. It was a really good beginning experience working with the teachers and kids there. This year, we're at the Waterloo campus. It, too, comes with many good things. This year, I get a break while the kids have snack. That means, I get to chill out in the staff room and help myself to a wide array of Tim Horton's style drinks and juices.

Normally, I try not to consume too much coffee, but hey, since it's free I indulge. My favourite is the French Vanilla cappuccino - the perfect pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I get a 15 minute break, which isn't bad, but it doesn't give my coffee enough time to cool down. This results, for three weeks now, in a burned tongue. Apparently my caffeine-deprived brain doesn't function well enough at that point to remember that the week prior, I had burned my tongue from consuming the same hot beverage before it had adequately cooled down.

Now, I have a tingly tongue, again. I have no clue how to get rid of it. I've tried eating an ice cream sandwich to cool it down but it doesn't help. So, does anyone know how to get rid of the post-burn tongue tingle?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails