Winter Hats

October 13, 2007

I never liked wearing hats when I was a kid. Maybe it was because my hats always looked dorky or because it made my hair static-y. Or maybe it was because it just felt uncomfortable and I just didn't like that. But, when I was a kid, I always got sick and maybe not wearing a hat was why.

I'm determined to keep little Nathan from suffering the same fate. Last year, he had at least 4 hats to choose from. They were all really cute and they all kept his little head nice and warm. This year, the unpredictable weather left us unprepared. We had no hats for him to wear! So we went out to find some hats to keep his little head warm.

Pressed for time, we ended up at BabyGap - not my usual choice for his clothing but Eaton Centre doesn't have a Children's Place! Anyway, we found some hats and we narrowed them down to two. One of them was this one... I think he looks like a little dinosaur (which is good because he currently has a white jacket/vest which sorta doesn't help distinguish whether he's a boy or girl - some people apparently can't figure it out :/). Andrew likes it (and picked it) because he thinks it looks like a Spartan helmet. Either way, it will keep his little head warm and there are matching mittens that go with it.

3 comments:

alana said...

Hahaha, oh man he is so cute in that little hat! And yes, I suppose it does look like a Spartan helmet now that you mention it.

Andrew said...

this.. is.. SPARTAAAA!!!!!

Cindy said...

Heya Bernice,
Janey let me read your blog (hope that's OK). In case you ever run into a need for more funky hats, Oddwear has some really cool ones.
http://www.oddwear.com/
And when Nathan starts to bike and you want a cool helmet for him, then check out Tail Wags.
http://www.tail-wags.com/helmet.html
Hope this is useful - Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails