Free stuff

November 13, 2007

Over the past little while, I've been spending increasing amounts of time on the online forums at weddingbells.ca. I must admit, I usually steer away from these things because I've always had the fear of online predators lurking in the back of my mind. However, I started reading the threads and the girls who post there are like a little community. Actually, a really big community. The more I posted, the more I found how encouraging and helpful they were.

Before this year, I would have never agreed to meet with someone I met online, in person. But it all changed when I started selling some used textbooks. I started to meet up with people to make exchanges. It was like the online world wasn't such a distant, scary place anymore. I suppose my next step was to PM someone. I was hesitant at first but now, I am so glad I did because I am now the proud owner of a huge stack of free bridal magazines. Free! Thanks to Alison, the plunder made it back to my place safely.

The girl who gave the magazines to me said she got a lot of inspiration from some of them and highly recommended that I get as many things done as early as possible because the last six months fly by quickly. I only wish that my schedule allowed me to sit down and flip through the magazines at a leisurely pace but it looks like I'll have to cram all my planning in after exams are done. But, this is where her second piece of advice comes in - recruit lots of help. Boy will I be recruiting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks to alison? don't forget thanks to waking me up and making me come over to unlock your door :/

Related Posts with Thumbnails