White Out Conditions

March 9, 2008

Can you believe the amount of snow that blanketed the GTA this weekend? Yesterday, after driving through heaps of snow to take Catherine (one of my BM's) to Marble Slab, we got home to find our driveway full of snow. My sister and I (being a little over ambitious at times), thought we'd be able to clear the driveway to decrease the amount of work we'd have later. Geared up in all our snow gear (snowboarding goggles included) we marched out, only to realize a little while later that there was no way we'd be able to clear the driveway and decided to clear just enough to get the car back into the driveway.

This morning, Andrew went out (or rather, tried to go out through the front door) and was confronted by a whole new blanket of snow. Overnight, the winds blew all sorts of snow, dumping it all (curiously) onto our driveway. The snow was now piled up to be as high as the snow banks beside our cars, which were already taller than me. So, needless to say, we didn't make it out for church this morning. Only a few short hours later, we were driving down perfectly dry roads to drop my sister off downtown. How is that even possible? Sure beats me.

On the drive back to Waterloo, Andrew brought up the idea of watching 10,000 BC at some point this week after my midterm (yet another one). I had forgotten why I wanted to watch the movie so I asked him to remind me. "The woolly mammoth" was his reply. Really? I don't recall liking woolly mammoths so much that I absolutely had to watch a movie with one in it. So I asked again. "Woolly mammoth! It's because it looked so real!" Clearly over these past years of our relationship, I somehow conveyed the idea that I was really into woolly mammoths. That, or the snow's gotten to his brain.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails