Unprepared

April 7, 2008

Today was the last day of classes for the term and normally, this is the day I try extra hard to go to class as some sort of final effort to finish off the term on a good note. This morning, I managed to get up and get to class but as much of an achievement as this was for me, I was left feeling somewhat saddened.

I suppose it could have been because it's the last day of my undergrad lectures but I think it was something more than that.

At some point last week, I found out that one of my professors resigned. While his teaching style was not the greatest nor did he teach my favourite courses, he did care about his student's achievements and he always try to make his class laugh. After having five courses with him, I had come to know and expect his laid-back style and found some sort of comfort in the consistency of it.

And then, in the midst of this already bittersweet time, I find out he resigned. More importantly, I found out why he resigned. I think this is one of those times where seeing someone in the same situation as you (not really knowing what to do next) is anything but comforting.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

uw is so gay sometimes

Related Posts with Thumbnails