Fabric Frenzy

May 30, 2008


I was, and still am, a sucky bride by most conventional standards. I did not jump at the chance to buy my wedding gown the moment Andrew proposed, nor did I plan ahead very well.

One of the things that I left until the very last possible moment was my bridesmaids' dresses. For months, I thought it wouldn't a problem finding three dresses for my girls. When I finished school, I headed out with one of my BMs to find out that I was very, very wrong.

The first store I walked into, the lady yelled at me for being an irresponsible bride. I'm sorry, I thought finishing my degree was the responsible thing to do! Anyway, after a whole day of walking around downtown Toronto with no luck, I turned to my lovely seamstress who is making my evening gown and asked her (nicely) if she could make the bridesmaids dresses as well. Luckily, she agreed to.

The next challenge was to find fabric. I was told to go downtown to the little fabric shops on Queen Street W. to find the colours I wanted. And that is what I did.

The first store, where I found the fabrics I wanted, was clean, neat and very airy. The next one we wandered in to wasn't so welcoming. It was piled floor to ceiling with all sorts of fabric. I'll bet they had anything you were looking for as long as you were willing to search for it.

Fortunately, I didn't have to. I just took a picture in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails